At DHL Express we have experienced personnel who are dedicated to the task of supervising the safe flow of specialized shipments. Regulatory, legal and logistical challenges are routinely solved. No matter where you need us to go, DHL MEDICAL EXPRESS delivers investigational medicines, vaccines, kits and clinical supplies safely to the desired destination. Patient samples and other return flows from clinics are carefully delivered back to central laboratories for analysis and testing. Due to the sensitivity of contents, DHL MEDICAL EXPRESS can handle ambient, chilled or frozen shipments, with capabilities for intercepting these during transit.
Here’s how DHL MEDICAL EXPRESS qualifies for Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical needs:
- Options for ambient, chilled and frozen contents
- Dry Ice supply and replenishment if required
- Handling of biological contents such as UN3373 Category B
- Earliest possible next day delivery
- Saturday Delivery as standard when required
- Extensive packaging options
- Dedicated Customer Service for booking, proactive tracking and reporting
- 24/7 monitoring to ensure incident mitigation and recovery
DHL MEDICAL EXPRESS comes with the experience, network and capabilities to manage the specialized transport requirements for Contract Research Organizations, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical companies. The significance of DHL MEDICAL EXPRESS. The DHL MEDICAL EXPRESS solution will provide your business with the following support:
- A dedicated central contact for the duration of the program.
- Local contacts in each of the countries where the trial is being performed.
- Compliance to local, regional or IATA regulations for restricted contents.
- Billing options to allow for the Receiver to pay transport costs.
- Quality Control Centres monitoring your shipments during transit.
- Latest possible pickup times and earliest possible deliveries as standard.
- Forward shipping of medical supplies and return shipping of patient samples.
- Dedicated program set up depending on the duration, geography, sensitivity and volume of the trial.
- Inhouse customs clearance experts to handle the import and export process.
- The reliability of the DHL Express global network of aircraft and delivery vehicles.
Take advantage of these optional services. Because every situation is different, DHL Express offers a variety of optional services and handling options to suit your needs
- Insurance: Additional financial protection based on the value of the shipment contents.
- Packaging: Temperature controlled packaging in various sizes and shapes to provide optimal content protection and temperature control.
- Coolant material: Dry ice or gel packs arranged at shipment origin to control the content temperature through to delivery.
- Billing Services: Flexible options for the billing of transport charges, duties and taxes.
- Smart Sensor technology: Monitor and track the temperature of your shipments from origin through to destination.
PACKING GUIDE FOR TEMPERATURE SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS
At DHL Express, we know how critical it is to maintain a defined temperature range for your shipments. We have therefore developed an extensive range of packaging solutions to suit. Download the packing guide for temperature sensitve shipments.
THE FUTURE OF LIFE SCIENCES AND HEALTHCARE LOGISTICS
Global healthcare spending is expected to increase by 4.3% annually. Along with growth, the sector is going through significant transformation of its operating models and supply chains.
There is a sense of urgency to transform now; and supply chains play a crucial role in this transformation. Read which trends and technologies can enable this transformation in the sector supply chains.
Read full report