What is Temporary Export?
Temporary export is an arrangement with customs for goods that you temporarily send abroad.
By using this procedure you do not have to pay import duties on the returned goods when re-imported into the European Union. The most common forms are:
- Goods for repair (note: warranty replacement is not considered a temporary export)
- Exhibition goods
- Demonstration Goods
Make sure that it is clearly stated on the invoice and on the waybill that it concerns temporary export. DHL Express will then arrange the required documentation. The lead time of your shipment can be extended as a result. Before you have a temporary output formatted, keep in mind that:
- The shipment comes back
- This 'temporary export' has no impact on the customs procedure in the destination country
- DHL Express does not make temporary exports for shipments with a value of less than 1,000 euros
- DHL Express does not make a temporary export if the contents of the shipment cannot be recognized by customs
- You must state the serial numbers on your invoice