Which company is active in more countries than McDonalds, and where are more languages spoken than at the United Nations? Not just the speed but also the numbers at DHL Express are impressive! There are many more interesting facts about DHL Express!
Did You Know?
• DHL Express is active in more than 220 countries. This is more than McDonalds, Coca Cola, SHELL, Unilever of Philips.
• DHL Express has 500 destination airports worldwide. This is twice the number of airports than are contained in the network of Air France-KLM.
• DHL owns 250 airplanes. This is more than are owned by arilines like Easyjet or Emirates.
• DHL Express has been active in The Netherlands for over 40 years for express logistics.
• DHL Express Netherlands processes more than 50.000 zendingen each working day.
• DHL Express has more than 70 tonnes of daily cargo capacity in DHL-owned airplanes. This equals the weight of 18 full grown elephants.
• De space of the three superhubs hubs combined (Cincinnati, Leipzig and Hong Kong) is more than 153.000 m2. This equals the size of 32 football fields.
• De length of the sorter of the three superhubs combined (Cincinnati, Leipzig and Hong Kong) is about 21 km. This is about the length of half a marathon!
• The sorter capacity of the three superhubs combined (Cincinnati, Leipzig and Hong Kong) is about 125.000 parcels per hour. This equals 24 parcels per second!
• The sorter capacity of the three superhubs combined (Cincinnati, Leipzig and Hong Kong) is about 140.000 documents per hour. This is more than 38 documents per second!
• At the superhub in Leipzig during the peak in December more than 392.000 shipments are processed PER DAY.
• More than 100.000 DHL Express employees are trained as Certified International Specialists (CIS). That is more people than fit in the Barcelona Nou Camp football stadium.
• All DHL employees worldwide combined speak more languages than the United Nations.
• DHL has cooperated for more than 10 years with the United Nations in desaster response teams worldwide.
• For this purpose, DHL has trained more than 400 employees who can be deployed within 72 hours. These employees have been deployed more than 30 times since 2005.
• DHL is sponsor and Official Logistics Partner of Cirque du Soleil and transports all the Cirque du Soleil equipment worldwide. The equipment of one complete Cirque du Soleil show fits in two Boeing 747- airplanes.