Success in international business is not just about you and your customers in Russia. Get to know the business facts of the country you are dealing with and familiarize yourself with the different business practices, cultures, customs regulations and the economy. Please note: Only business shipments can be sent to Russia.
Country Facts Russia
KEY FACTS RUSLAND
144,3 Million (2017)
Russian ruble ₽
Russia is officially called the Russian Federation. It is a country that is geographically partly in Europe and partly in Asia. However, from a political perspective it is European because the most important parts of it are in the European part and over 70% of the population lives here. Moscow is the largest city, capital and economic heart of Russia. The government is based in Moscow. The currency of Russia is the Russian Ruble (₽).
From 1917 to 1991 the country was the Russian Soviet Socialist Federal Soviet Republic (RSFSR) at the heart of the Soviet Union. In diplomatic affairs Russia is seen as the successor state of the Soviet Union. In terms of population, Russia is the ninth country in the world.
Russia shares its borders with the following fourteen countries: Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia and North Korea. Russia's main export products are petroleum, natural gas, coal, electricity, ores, timber and timber products. Russia's import products are mainly food and live animals. About 32% of Russia's surface can be used for agriculture, the rest is polluted, extinct or permanently frozen.
Doing business in Russia
- For Russians, a relationship and trust is important. Take the time to build a relationship with your business partner.
- Be on time. Although it may well happen that your partner comes later, foreigners are expected to be in meetings on time.
- A typical Dutch souvenir is appreciated. Note: a bouquet with an even number of flowers is inappropriate.
- Wear appropriate clothing. A suit with a tie is customary.
- Hierarchy is important. In important conversations, take someone with the right authority to take decisions.
- Make sure that one side of your business card is in Russian.
Bron: Rijkdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland (rvo.nl)
Trade indicators Russia
- With an area of 17,098,246 km², Russia is the largest country in the world
- About 160 different ethnic groups and indigenous people live in Russia
- Russia has an elected president, parliamentary elections and a multi-party system
- In order of magnitude these were Moscow, St. Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Novgorod, Samara, Omsk, Kazan, Chelyabinsk, Rostov-on-Don, Ufa and Volgograd
Russia and DHL Express
With our experience since 1984 and extensive local network in this enormous country, DHL Express is your ideal partner to support your business. Simply send your important documents and parcels with DHL Express to, for example, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Novgorod, Samara, Omsk, Kazan or Chelyabinsk.
....since 1984... ...2350 employees... ... 125 Service Centers
...over 960 vehicles... ... 2 airplanes and 11 gateways
Russia / Netherlands transit times
|Destination|| Transit times|
DHL Express strives to provide accurate and reliable information. Published transit times are indicative. At www.dhl.nl you can view the current transit times. Published transit times are based on the most common transit time between two countries to direct delivery areas in the destination country. The transit time for non-direct delivery areas is available through our customer service. Published transit times may vary, among other things, due to local customs procedures in the destination country or a non-average value, size or a non-average weight of a shipment.
Holidays Russia 2021
|01 jan||New year's day|
|07 jan||Orthodox Christmas Day|
|23 feb||Defender of the Fatherland Day|
|08 march||International Women's Day|
|01 may||Spring and Labor Day|
|09 may||Victory Day|
|12 jun||Russia Day|
|04 nov||Day of Knowledge|
Increase your knowledge with DHL Express
BECOME A CUSTOMER AT DHL EXPRESS
From SME to Multinational and from Webshop to Factory
✔ Easy Shipping
✔ Preferential business rates
✔ Exclusive tools
✔ Trusted Network
Open a business account